Monday, December 3, 2007

Final Project reflection

Working in a group of four people on the final project is a good mix for the end of the year. It allows us all to gather everything that we have learned and combine our thoughts to come up with a proposal project.

Our group has been more than effective. We have taken every opportunity given to us in class to work on our assignment. We finished our hard copy of our proposal several days early. In past group projects I have never experienced finishing a project several days in advance. Avery and Ahn met with me one day in the library and we typed up the hard copy proposal. Allison could not make it because she was at work. I admire the efforts Allison did end up putting into the project. She did everything that was asked of her and completed the entire power point on her own time.

I am pleased with our outcome. Although we have not yet presented, I think we will do a good job. Presenting to a small class is beneficial to our speaking skills and a part of the class I wish we could have done more of.

When doing this project I was able to put several technical writing skills together, the biggest being formatting a page. As a group we formatted the page with bold face, white space, and allowed for photos to effectively present our proposal to an audience. I also had to conduct an interview. This made me branch out of the class room and get personal opinions of people around campus. Allison and Avery have also conducted a survey that helped our project quite a bit.

No comments: