Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Job application: revised

6102 10th Street
Lubbock, Texas 79416
806-778-0959
Zachary.Tijerina@sbcglobal.net
09-19-07

Mr. Jim Jarrett
Editor
Frenshiptoday
710 Avenue J
Lubbock, TX 79401

Dear Mr. Jarrett:

I am writing in response to your advertisement in the December 29 Lubbock Avalanche Journal. Would you please consider me for the position in Sports Reporter? I believe that my academic training in mass communications and journalism at Texas Tech University, as well as free lance writing, will qualify me for the position.

My experience at Texas Tech has given me a strong background in writing and computer software. My main focus is digital media, but I have taken several writing for news courses. I produce a sports podcast for one of my classes which qualifies me as a sports reporter.

While writing free lance for the National Hispanic Institute and Lubbock Latino, I have been able to apply both reporting and photography skills to the field of mass media production. I have worked with Adobe DTI when writing for publication and I am aware this is the same software that Frenshiptoday uses.

More information about my qualifications can be found in the enclosed resume. I would be more than happy to meet with you and discuss any questions you may have. You can reach me at the above address, call me at (806) 778-0959, or email me at the above address.

Sincerely,



Zach Tijerina

Enclosure

No comments: